Review the website of the Office of Research Integrity, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services https://ori.hhs.gov/case_summary . Select an example of research misconduct that has occurred in the past 5 years.
- Post a description of the incident and the link to the information.
- What did the researchers do that constituted scientific misconduct?
- What were the consequences of the researcher’s actions for the researcher, the institution, and, most importantly, the participants?
- Protection of human subject
Watch the videos in week two or follow the links below to watch the videos on YouTube. Then answer the following questions. Post your responses on eLearning under discussion board.
- Describe one of the unethical experiments performed by Nazi doctors.
- What underlying false belief about the status and value of black Americans supported the actions of the Tuskegee Study researchers?
- Human Subjects Research Training: “Protecting Human Subjects” – Module 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=174SkSszRVg&t=265s
- Human Subjects Research Training: “Protecting Human Subjects” – Module 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up09dioFdEU&t=648s
- Write a post about the benefit-risk ratio of the Tuskegee Study at the beginning of the study (1932) compared with the benefit-risk ratio after penicillin is accepted as the treatment for syphilis (1945). In addition to the change in the benefit-risk ratio, what other aspects of the study were not ethical?
Your initial discussion board posts has to be at least 400 word count response and the 2 replies to course mates at least 100 words each. APA references. May use articles on e-learning and textbook. Watch the videos in week three in order to answer part of the discussion board questions.